Caresyntax Appoints CMO, Names Board of Advisors06 Feb 2018
Caresyntax’s U.S. Market Expansion Bolstered by Guidance from Key Healthcare Executives
BOSTON, February 6, 2018 – Caresyntax® Inc., a technology and services company focused on risk reduction in hospitals and ambulatory surgical clinics, announced today that it has appointed Paul Summerside, MD, as its Chief Medical Officer. Summerside is an emergency medicine physician, the former Chairman of Aurora Baycare Medical Center in Green Bay, Wis., and the former CMO of Baycare Health System and the Baycare Clinic.
“With his wealth of practical experience in healthcare, Dr. Summerside will help us fine-tune our approach to the U.S. market, and translate the value of procedural and enterprise-level analytics with regard to reducing risk,” said Dennis Kogan, CEO of caresyntax. “Now that we have our North American headquarters up and running, we’re ready to show U.S. hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers how our solutions – already in use worldwide – can increase quality scores and mitigate surgical risk, both in clinical and business terms.”
As part of caresyntax’s growth strategy, the company has also finalized an active Board of Advisors that includes recognized experts in global healthcare. Among the advisory board members are:
- John Birkmeyer, MD, Surgeon, Chief Clinical Officer of Sound Physicians, Tacoma, Wash., and former Chief Academic Officer and Vice President of Integrated Delivery Systems at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hannover, N.H.
- Paul Levy, former President and CEO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, and former Executive Dean of Harvard Medical School
- W. Robert Dahl Jr., Healthcare Investor, former Head of Global Healthcare, Carlyle Group, former co-Head of Investment Banking in North America, Credit Suisse First Boston
- Dennis Michael Brown, former Corporate CEO of Bumrungrad Hopsital PCL in Bangkok, Thailand, and former Senior Vice President of Tenet Corp
- Erich Kaeser, former CEO of Siemens Middle East, Member of the Board, McDermott International
- Steven Wheelwright, Ph.D., Advisor Emeritus, former President of Brigham Young University-Hawaii, and former Professor and Senior Associate Dean at Harvard Business School
“The willingness of these accomplished individuals to serve as experts on our Board of Advisors is a testament to the position of caresyntax as a progressive innovator in medicine,” Kogan said. “Whether we’re working with a university hospital or an outpatient surgical clinic, clinicians and executives alike can be confident that our technology will help them to navigate and reduce risk in surgery, the most risk- and cost-intensive areas of medicine.”
Caresyntax solutions and services enable surgical care providers to reduce risk using actionable clinical data, made available through a combination of IoT and data analytics technologies. Used in more than 6,000 ORs worldwide, caresyntax helps surgeons and healthcare executives to reduce risk and improve outcomes in over 10 million procedures per year.