Take control of your surgical data
Hospitals around the world are faced with the challenge of collecting and managing surgical data in a secure, compliant way, while at the same time, leveraging data resources to improve both the quality and efficiency of care in the OR.
qvident® is an end-to-end encrypted surgical data warehouse, designed to help your hospital accomplish both objectives. With an easy-to-use interface for storing, editing, and sharing surgical content, qvident® provides both the secure architecture and flexibility to support a wide-range of surgical quality and performance enhancement use cases.
Surgical Analytics and Root-Cause Identification
- Reconstruct intraoperative events using continuous, synchronized record of key real-time surgical data to identify root causes that contributed to adverse events or efficiency traps
- Overlay delivery process steps or milestones, and annotate improvement areas
- Analyze event-based and enterprise-level performance to establish benchmarks and identify pain-points
Dynamic Surgical Content Management
- qvident provides a user-friendly content management interface to both aggregate, organize, and share surgical content
- All key file formats for surgical data are supported, including: checklists, videos, images, audio, vital monitoring data, risk calculators, and patient consent forms
- Data can be imported from and exported to all legacy hospital information systems, including EMR,
PACS, and VNA
Clinical Documentation and Reporting
- Reduce administrative burden and increase actionability by streamlining post-operative report building
- Identify performance outliers by facilitating implementation of pre-defined clinical calculators and standardized assessment frameworks
- Acquire data for key quality or cost measures to drive payer reporting and internal quality initiatives (e.g., MACRA/MIPS quality measures, UK CQC, UK PHIN, etc)
Performance analysis and Education
- Review recorded procedures with complex workflow or critical incidents and use past root-cause analysis and step-by-step debriefing to improve skill
- Create internal benchmarks and best practices by showcasing annotated procedures that resulted in optimal outcomes
- Reduce reliance on external simulation options by creating in-situ simulation, on-site training and mentoring
- Fully vendor-neutral: qvident can retrieve documentation (e.g., surgical video and images) from any OR integration system built by any manufacturer, including major endoscopy companies
- Interoperability: qvident can connect to and transfer data across any hospital information system or EMR through HL7 and DICOM standards
- Create best-practices and benchmarks by aggregating and analyzing procedure and surgical documentation (reports, vital charts, videos, images, and checklists)
- Multi-format exporting of reports, and capable of exporting to multiple platforms or public clinical registries
- Time-savings: automatic background export from caresyntax Prime365 to qvident allows immediate post-op availability of media files
- Secure: all network communications between users and qvident are encrypted using standard encryption technologies HTTPS and TLS
- Audit Trail: provides granular, configurable log mechanism for business and technical purposes
- Automatic combination of full video recording from clinical video source and room camera enabling a holistic review of the event in combination with key procedure data (e.g., checklists, vital data)
- Commenting and editing features directly on video with pre-defined clinical markers to enrich content and identify key moments
- Creation of pre-populated reporting that can be filled out by surgeons with additional relevant information
- Responsive design allows access from any smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Intermediate or long-term archiving capabilities with customized life-cycle management of documentation (automated downscaling, file deletion, etc.)
- Authentication: qvident integrates with user directories for centralized, controlled authentication and authorization (LDAP, Active Directory, or internal database). User permissions can be assigned on individual or department level.
Which option is best for your hospital system?
We know the requirements of each hospital vary, and we understand the importance of agility. To meet your needs, we deploy and support our HIPAA-compliant software as an on-premise, cloud-based, or hybrid-installed platform.
caresyntax® is committed to working with each customer to find the option that best meets their OR's individual needs. Click below to get in touch and learn more about the approach that is best for you.